Tesla START Automotive Service
MDC and Tesla have partnered to offer the Tesla START Automotive Service program at West Campus. This is an intensive 16-week electric vehicle service training program designed to provide students with the skills necessary for a successful career with Tesla. As part of the collaboration, Tesla will cover the tuition fees of all students accepted in the program.
During the course of the program, students will develop technical expertise and earn certifications through a blended approach of in-class theory, hands-on labs and self-paced learning.
Students will also be taught enhanced soft skills and team-based repair practices. Upon successful completion of the program, graduates have the certification necessary for job placement as Service Technicians at one of Tesla's Service Centers across the country, including South Florida.
Areas of study include:
- Brake and chassis systems and components
- HV Powertrain
- Driver Assist systems
- Infotainment systems and components
$2,650 covered by Tesla
The following requirements are the minimum requirements to be considered in to the program. Meeting the admissions requirements does not guarantee program acceptance, and note that there is no waiting list.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Valid driver's license, clean driving record with at least 2 years of driving experience and insurable
- Must be willing to relocate upon successful completion of the program
- Ability to lift 50 – 60 pounds
- Be available to accept employment at a Tesla Service Center within 30 days of graduation from the program for a period no less than 2 years
- Must follow verbal and written instructions with attention to detail
- Be able to work and achieve set goals in a fast-paced team environment
- Familiar understanding of the English language
- Basic computer skills, including navigating web browsers and using standard applications like Microsoft Office
- Attend and pass each of the 16-week training sessions with an 80% or higher GPA
- Technical background in automotive, aviation, mechanical or computers will be considered a relevant qualification and is highly recommended
- Permission to work in the United States is mandatory
Frequently Asked Questions
To initiate your application for this program, kindly fill out the form below. Upon completion, you will receive a subsequent email containing instructions. It's important to note that Tesla manages the program admission process, and any inquiries regarding admission should be directed to Tesla.